Tuesday, June 29, 2010

TUESDAY TIDINGS - Hair Recovery

Today, I'm annoyed with my thin hair, so I thought I'd do a little research on products that might help restore my hair and thicken it up. Almost every reference to thinning hair that I can find talks about a product called Nioxin.

While I was having chemo treatments, a friend gave me some of this kind of shampoo and conditioner. It's a medicated shampoo that helps with thinning hair. I faithfully used this product for months on my bald scalp. My friend claimed that it helped her hair come in faster after chemo. I continued to use it for a few months after chemo, while my hair was starting to come in. Then, something weird happened... the smell of the product started making me sick to my stomach. So, I stopped using it. I think it just reminded me too much of when I was going through chemo. A few months later, I decided to start using it again, because the hair on the top of my head wasn't growing in as much as the hair on the rest of my head. After a few days, I had to stop again! The sense of smell is a powerful thing!!

Well, I was complaining the other day about A LOT of things - among those, my lack of thick hair, my lack of eyebrows, my thin eyelashes. My husband said "Why aren't you using Nioxin?" "I can't stand the smell - it reminds me of chemo." Rolling his eyes, he said, basically, "Get over it." Haha! He's right though... if I can't take the steps needed to overcome this problem, I'll just have to live with it. That's not acceptable to me, so it's back to the Nioxin for me. (I'll just hold my breath). :-)

There are eight different hair care systems from Nioxin. But, I think there are two that will work the best for this kind of hair regrowth. Here are the links to each of those systems...

1. Nioxin System 1

2. Nioxin System 2


One thing I learned about these systems (and I can't remember who told me this), is that you must use the whole system for it to work properly. I used System one, but only the shampoo and conditioner. So, I'm going to try System two, and use the entire thing. This product comes highly recommended - and it doesn't really smell bad, just a little bit medicated. Leave a comment and let me know if you've tried this, if it worked, or if there is something else you've tried.

Here's to hair growth!

No comments:

Labels

15th (5) 5k (4) Abundance (1) Activity (3) Adversity (1) Advertising (1) Aerobics (1) After Cancer (3) Almonds (1) American Cancer Society (2) Angels (2) Anger (1) Apples (1) Art Journaling (1) Attitude (2) Back to Normal (2) Basic Cancer Information (1) Bath (1) Beans (1) Beauty (5) Becoming (3) Becoming Christlike (2) Being Happy (5) Being Nice (1) Beyond Cancer (1) Biking (1) Blessings (5) Blogging (3) Board (1) Books (3) Boots (1) Bosom Buddies (2) Bras (4) Bravery (1) Bread (3) Breakfast (4) Breast Cancer (7) Breast cancer awareness month (3) Breast Cancer Sisterhood (1) Breast Cancer Support (2) Breast Cancer Website (1) Breast Self Exam (7) Breathing (2) Brenda Coffee (4) Bucket List (1) Busy (3) Cake (1) Calendar items (1) Calm (2) Cancer (1) Cancer Deadline (1) Cancer Journey (28) Cancer Side Effects (5) Cancer Tips (4) Cancer Words (2) Carrots (1) Casts (1) Challenges (3) Changes (2) Character (6) Charity (1) Check Ups (1) Cheese (2) chemo (7) Chemo Blankets (1) Chemo Tips (1) Chicken (9) Children (2) Chocolate (4) Choices (2) Christmas (11) Cleaning (3) Colette Harris (2) Comfort (2) Compassion (2) Concert (2) Contentment (2) Contributing (2) Cookies (2) Coping (3) Cosmetics (2) Countdown (1) Courage (9) Curable (1) Dariy (1) DCIS (2) Death (4) Dedication (1) Desserts (5) Determination (2) Diagnosis (1) diet (1) Dips (2) Discipline (1) Doctors (2) Dr. Tittensor (2) Drinks (3) DVD (1) Dying (1) Eagle Project (1) Early Detection (1) Eating Out (1) Egg (1) Eggs (3) Emotional (1) Emotions (1) Encouragement (1) Enduring to the End (1) Energy (2) Enery (1) Enjoy (1) Enriching Lives (3) Events (1) Exercise (23) Exercise Equipment (2) Exercises (1) Expanders (1) Eye Pillows (1) Eyebrows (1) facebook (1) Faith (3) Family (5) Fathers (1) Fatigue (1) Fears (3) Feeling Better (1) Finances (1) Flowers (2) Food (1) Forbes Magazine Article (1) Fresh Start (1) Friday Fare (57) Friendship (4) Fruit (10) Fruits (4) Fundraising (5) Games (1) General (3) General Announcements (18) Generosity (1) gifts (3) Ginger Johnson (1) Give-aways (1) Giving (2) Goals (4) God (7) Good Day (1) Grace (1) Grains (2) Grandma (1) Gratitude (8) Greek (1) Green (1) Grief (2) Grilling (3) Growing (1) Guest Post (32) Guidelines (1) Hair Loss (7) Happiness (2) Happy Chemo (2) Happy Memories (2) Hats (2) Having Cancer (1) Healing (7) Healthy (4) Healthy Eating (21) Healthy Recipes (42) Healthy Tips (4) Heaven (1) Help (1) Helpful Products (3) Helpful Websites (15) Helping Others (10) Holidays (8) Home (1) Hope (6) Hope Chests (1) Hummus (1) Huntsman (1) Imperfection (1) Implants (1) Improving (1) Incredible Women (4) Inspiration (1) Integrity (1) Italian (1) Jewelry (3) Journaling (2) Joy (1) Kabobs (1) Kathy Christensen (90) Keeping Records (1) Kidney Beans (1) kids (1) Kindness (5) Komen (2) Lance Armstrong (2) Learning (1) Life Changing (1) Lifting Hearts (6) Lifting Hearts Birthday Party (2) Lifting Hearts in Utah (1) Lifting Hearts in Utah 5K (1) Listening (1) Livestrong (1) Look Good Feel Better (1) Loss (1) Love (11) Luau (2) Lunch (1) Lymphedema (1) Lymphedema Pillows (1) Mammograms (5) mastectomy (6) Medical Bills (1) Medications (1) Medicinal Side Effects (1) Meditation (1) Memories (1) Mentoring (4) Miche (2) Milk (1) Monday Memoirs (44) Monday Mentionables (12) Monday Motivation (29) Monday Musings (1) Motherhood (2) Mothers (1) Mountains for Mammograms (2) Mourning (1) Muscle Aches (1) Music (4) Nails (1) Nausea (1) New Year's Resolutions (2) News (2) Nighttime (1) Nioxin (1) Nordstroms (1) Norman Vincent Peale (1) Nurture Yourself (2) Nurturing Yourself (2) nutrition (1) Nuts (1) Nuture Yourself (1) Oatmeal (1) Obesity (1) October (2) Opportunities (1) Optimism (2) Organization (2) Pain (1) Pampering (2) Party (3) Pasta (8) Patience (5) Peace (4) Peace of Mind (1) Perfection (1) Persistence (1) Pictures (4) Pie (1) Pilates (2) Pink (10) Pink Planner (1) Play (1) Portion Control (1) Positive Thinking (2) Prayer (1) Pre-Cancer Self (1) Prevention (1) Privacy (1) Progression (1) Pumpkin (1) Purse (2) Quotes (4) Race (1) Rack Pack (2) Radiation (1) Reading (1) Recipe Re-Do (2) Recipes (1) reconstruction (4) Recovery (11) Recurrence (1) Reducing Your Risk (1) Reflection (4) Relax (5) Relief (1) Reminder (5) Research (1) Rest (1) Retreats (2) Rice (1) Rice Bags (1) Risk Factors (1) Running (3) Salad (9) Salmon (1) Sandwich (2) Sara Peck (1) Saturday Strength (18) Sausage (1) Scars (2) Schedule (1) Seasons (1) Self Breast Exam (1) Seniors (1) Service (9) Service Projects (6) Services and Programs (1) Sharing Wisdom (1) Shop (1) Sick (3) Side Dishes (1) Silence (1) Sister Survivors (4) Skin Care (3) Sleep (1) Slowing Down (5) Smell (1) Smoothie (2) Snacks (1) Song (1) Soreness (1) Soup (3) Soy (1) Spinach (2) Spiritual (1) Spiritual Health (1) Spiritual Values (1) Spotlight (2) Spring (2) Springtime Recipes (1) Starting Over (1) Stories (1) Storms (2) Strawberries (1) Strength (12) Strength Training (1) Stress (6) Stretching (1) Strong Saturday (6) Style (1) Super Foods (9) Support (11) Support Groups (7) Support Meetings (21) Surgery Tips (4) Survivors (15) Survivors Library (1) Swimming (1) Take Time (2) Talents (1) Tamoxifen (1) Temperance (1) Thankfulness (2) Thriving (1) Thursday Thoughts (123) Time (4) Tips (3) TLC (1) Toning (1) Tranquility (1) Treatments (1) Trials (3) Tuesday Tidings (56) Tuesday Tips (27) Turkey (2) Twitter (1) University of Utah (1) Utah (1) Values (1) Vegetarian (1) Veggies (18) Videos (5) Vitamins (1) Walking (9) Walmart (1) Water (3) Weathered (1) Website (1) Websites (1) Weight Lifting (2) Weight Loss (4) Wife (1) Wigs (1) Wisdom (1) Women's Expo (2) Wordless Wednesday (76) Work (1) Writing (1) Writing Your Cancer Story (30) Yard Sale (4) Zumba (1)